Applications for 2019/2020 are now closed.
Please read this page carefully before applying. If you have further questions about the application process, please refer to our FAQ page.
What do we offer?
- A unique transatlantic PhD program in neuroscience
- Competitive salary for the whole duration of your studies
(approx. monthly net salary in Bonn: 1600-1700 EUR)
(approx. yearly gross salary in Florida: 30.000 USD) (comparable to Bonn after taxes)
- Possibility of lab rotations during the first six months
- A multitude of training opportunities: methods workshops, courses, travel grants, soft skills courses etc.
- Mentoring and guidance by a Thesis Advisory Committee
- Career development opportunities
- International and administrative support with two coordination offices in Bonn and in Florida
- Family support
Who can apply?
You can apply if you meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in any field
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong motivation to pursue a PhD degree
Note: The right to confer degrees remains with the IMPRS partner universities and you must meet all the admission and degree requirements of the university where you choose to study.
How to apply?
- Fill out the Online Application.
- You will be asked to name two referees in the application. Inform them about your application and ask them to follow the instructions at the link we send them.
- You will be informed when your referees upload the letters. Your application is not complete without the letters of recommendation!
- After the deadline (December 1), all complete applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a video call interview in January. Applicants who did not get shortlisted will be notified by February.
- The last round of selections will be two separate interviews held in Bonn (Germany) and Florida (US) in late February/early March 2020. You will be invited to one of them depending on your interests.
- Accepted candidates will start their PhD no later than October 2020.